4 BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCIES
1 NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEMBER
Are you looking for something to do that is fun, rewarding, and promotes pickleball, the sport we all love? If so, we NEED YOU!!!
The two year positions held by Sheri Barainca, Karen Wallis, Joe Burfield and Paul Kocher have expired. A nominating committee has been formed and begun preparation for the June elections. Board members Paul Kocher, Lyle Mason and Karen Wallis along with Club members Paula Cobb and Chip Chadwick are the nominating committee members. WE NEED ONE MORE CLUB MEMBER to be on the committee. Karen Wallis is committee chair and contact. (Her contact info: 775-720-4366 or email@example.com )
There will be four openings on the TMPC Board of Directors for ANYONE who might be interested in serving on the board. There are 9 board members who serve two year terms. The affairs of the Club are managed by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include attending monthly meetings, promoting the sport, organizing events, community outreach, and maintain and communication with membership. Officers and Board of Directors positions are determined at the first meeting in June. Current Board Members who will continue their terms include: Jeanne Vernon (Treasurer), Vicki Sharp ( Social Director), Lyle Mason (Sparks City Liaison), Paul Ricciardi (Reno City/County Liaison) and Bob Basso( Membership). You will love working with them!
Please consider what you can add to the Truckee Meadows Pickleball Club by becoming a Board member.
The deadline for nominations is May 10 and all candidates’ names and short biographies will be posted on the Club website by May 20.
Voting will be open from May 20 to June 19. June 19 will be a social event along with opportunity for voting. Online and paper ballot voting will be conducted. We promise there will be no election fraud!!!
THANK YOU–THANK YOU–THANK YOU!!
TMPC club members shine on the medal stand!
Evelyn Mount will open for indoor Pickleball play October 12th. Schedule will be Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. Reservations are necessary for sessions 9:00am to 11:30am and session 12:00 to 2:30pm. Format is similar to Neil Road Pickleball. Reservations can be made up to a week in advance. For reservations and further info call Evelyn Mount @ 334-2262.
Attention Pickleball Players
City of Reno Pickleball Rules and Guidelines Due to COVID-19 Measures
The ability to play pickleball during this phase of the reopening process is a privilege, not a right.
Any participant who does not follow all rules and regulations, or is abusive to staff, will be asked to leave the facility and be banned until all COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
1. EMNECC (775-334-2262) and NRRC (775-689-8484) will be available for open gym Pickleball. This is subject to change at any time. Please call for additional information, reservations and current schedule.
2. Social Distancing will be in full effect.
3. A limit of 24 individuals will be allowed per session.
4. Sessions will be 2.5 hour blocks with time to sanitize in between sessions.
5. All games will be 4 on, 4 off.
6. Sanitizer will be provided, the ball must be sanitized prior to each game.
7. All participants must be pre-registered with name and phone # to enter the facility. You may register yourself and others up to 1 week in advance.
8. Courts will be clearly numbered and assigned. Changing courts will not be permitted.
9. All participants waiting must be seated in the designated location for the court they are assigned.
10. No high fives, hand shaking, or paddle bumps will be allowed.
11. Participants must adhere to Social Distancing rules, regardless of sharing a household.
12. One warning will be given. Failure to adhere to rules will result in removal.
Anyone who is removed from the facility may not be able to return until all restrictions are lifted.
TMPC club volunteers joined in a city-wide project for the Truckee River Clean-up day on Saturday, Sept. 26th,sponsored by Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful.
Club members cleaned up weeds, walking paths, trash, etc. from Dorostkar Park.
Huge thanks to all of the volunteers!
Nick & Vicki Sharp
Rick & Kathy McDermid
Paul & Mary Ann Ricciardi
Ralph & Cathie Barbato
Sherri Elcano & Margo
Frank & Ingrid Tomlinson
Don & Lea Unruh
Steve & Liz Brown
Statistics from Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful Truckee River Clean-up Day:
23,995 pounds of trash
21,360 pounds of invasive weeds
177 storm drains stenciled
350 plants planted
26 trees planted
Your TMPC at work
Bring your own nets!!!!!! Truckee Meadows Pickleball Club has painted PB lines on existing tennis courts at Mogul Park and Golden Valley Park. They are ready to go!
Huffaker Park is next on our list. Will keep you informed.
Thank you to Bob Deller and Sheri Barainca for donating the paint.
And a big thank you to our volunteers who donated their time and labor to complete these projects:
Steve and Liz Brown, Nick and Vicki Sharp, John Messing, Paul and Mary Ann Ricciardi, Lyle Mason, Bob Basso, Paul Kocher.