Your TMPC Board of Directors met Tuesday June 16th at Hidden Valley to thank retiring board members and welcome and introduce new board members.
Offices and duties for this next year’s board members were chosen except for one
Big thank yous to Carol Amos (Web and Membership), Cathie Barbato (Treasurer), and Netto Montoya (Sparks Liaison and Social Director).
Welcome to new board members Bob Basso and Jeanne Vernon.
And welcome back to returning board members Lyle Mason, Paul Ricciardi and Vicki Sharp who have all been on the board previously.
New officer positions and other board member duties for the 2020 – 2021 Membership Year:
- President – Joe Burfield
- Vice President – Paul Kocher
- Secretary – Karen Wallis
- Treasurer – Jeanne Vernon
- City of Reno Liaison – Paul Ricciardi
- City of Sparks Liaison – Lyle Mason
- Events Co-Directors – Sheri Barainca & Vicki Sharp
- Membership – Bob Basso
- Web Person(s) – member volunteers needed
*HOT POTATOES NEEDED*
TMPC Board extends requests and invitations for any members to volunteer to update the TMPC web page. Training and ongoing assistance will be provided by outgoing web gal Carol Amos.
- Don’t want to tackle this on your own?
- Share duties with a hot potato friend or two!
For more info, please contact any board member or email TMPC as soon as possible.
- It is managed through WordPress.
- Is easier than you think!
- Plus, board members have promised that they will provide content regularly.
Congratulations to the five newly elected board members who will begin their two year terms on July 1st with an introductory Welcome to the Board Meeting this Tuesday June 16th at 10 am at Hidden Valley Regional Park.
Members are welcome at all meetings and agendas can always be accessed here: http://truckeemeadowspickleballclub.org/board-info/board-meeting-agendas-and-minutes/
Your five newly elected board members are below in alphabetical order.
Bob Basso Lyle Mason
Paul Ricciardi Vicki Sharp
Thanks to all who volunteered to run for the board. You are appreciated and marvelous!
Updated - 6:30 pm on Thursday June 11th: 124 Members have voted online! 91 Members have renewed. 6 New members have joined for next year.
- ONLINE VOTING is now closed.
- Votes accepted Friday 6-7 pm at Hidden Valley.
IN PERSON PAPER BALLOT VOTING – Members who haven’t voted online may vote by paper ballot at Hidden Valley Park on Friday June 12th from 6 – 7 pm. Bring your prefilled paper ballot or we will have extra paper ballots ready for members.
Have you renewed for the 2020 – 2021 TMPC Membership year? Please check the TMPC Membership Directory to make sure you have renewed your membership.
You may renew your membership online or mail a membership form in to TMPC.
Updated - 8:30 am on Wednesday June 10th: 96 Members have voted online! 73 Members have renewed. 6 New members have joined for next year.
Neil Road Rec Center & MAC in Carson reopen!
Some inside pickleball facilities are re-opening for Phase 2. Please check your favorite facility on our Indoor Courts.
Voting for Board of Directors Ends Friday June 12th
- Online Voting for Board of Directors open until 9:00 pm Thursday June 11th. Current year members (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020) can vote here: ONLINE VOTING
- Paper Ballot voting Friday June 12 from 6 – 7 pm at Hidden Valley Park.
Membership Renewals and New Members
TMPC’s membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. To maintain membership or become a new member, please complete a membership form and pay for your membership. Thank you for your MEMBERSHIP!
*Sorry website is slow. Working on it....* **Neil Road Rec Center Opens Monday June 8th.** ***Updates coming soon.***
CHANGES & UPDATES
- Nicholas St Jon has resigned as a Board of Director effective June 2, 2020 which opens up a 5th vacancy.
- John Whitney withdrew from the election on June 3, 2020.
- MEET THE BOARD OF DIRECTOR NOMINEES
Online voting is now open and will close at 8:00 am on Friday June 12th.
Members may vote by paper ballot at Hidden Valley Regional Park on Friday June 12th from 6 – 7 pm.
All votes must include membership numbers. Current members may access their numbers on the password protected Membership Directory. All current members have been emailed the club password to access the Membership Directory.
Thanks to all our members and supporters. Our membership year runs July 1st through June 30th. Our current membership year ends on June 30, 2020.
Please renew your membership as soon as possible. You may renew online or you may print out a paper application and mail it in. And you may pay your $25 annual membership fee online or mail in a check.
It is very helpful to us if current members can review their directory information (phone number, email, emergency contacts) on the Membership Directory to see if changes are needed. The current club password to access the Membership Directory has been emailed to current members.
Find out all the membership details on the link below.
Thank you to the six members who have volunteered to run for the five openings on your TMPC Board of Directors.
Here’s the scoop on the election.
- Members may vote online OR they may vote by paper ballot.
- Members must submit their membership number with their votes – online and paper ballots.
- You can find your membership number in the TMPC Member Directory. The club password has been emailed to current members.
- Online voting will start on Friday June 5th and be closed early on Friday June 12th.
- All current members will receive information regarding online voting in an email Thursday June 4th.
- Members may vote by paper ballot at Hidden Valley Regional Park on Friday June 12th from 6 – 7 pm.
- A paper ballot form will be available for all members to print out themselves and will be available at Hidden Valley on Friday June 12th.
Pick your favorite five.
Only five openings need to be filled.
Hidden Valley Courts are back to four permanent PB courts with the tennis net divider!
Go get ’em! But, please space your chairs 6′ apart!
Heads up TMPC Members. Five board members will be elected in June and all current members will soon be sent information about the Election on Friday June 12th.
Members may vote online OR they may vote in person by dropping off a paper ballot at Hidden Valley between 6pm-7pm Friday June 12th.
Please be watching for updates regarding candidates and election information.
You will need the club password to access the Membership Directory page and find your Membership number.